Friday, May 31, 2013

Gay Marriage




I heard on the radio the other day that France recently celebrated its first gay marriage - yay! What great news this is as France now joins 12 other countries that recognize gays as equals and as people who have hearts that love and desire to connect.

What I don’t quite understand is how anyone can hate the gay or find being gay disturbing? I guess because those that do aren’t gay and to them it’s unnatural. But have they considered that perhaps to a gay person being with the opposite sex is unnatural?

Do you think if a gay person had a choice they would choose to be gay, in this world! Why would they…?

I admit things are slowly getting better and in the past 10 years or so we as a society are accepting it more but I think it’s time we all embrace the gay! But not only the gay, everyone!  It’s time we accept everyone for who they are who they were born to be. I couldn’t imagine living a life where I was hated, treated differently and restricted just because I was born gay. 

I was born to only grow 153cm! Imagine if society had the belief that adults below 160cm were not worthy. Absurd. Yet how is this different than society restricting a man from marrying a man or a woman from marrying  a woman. We are not our bodies. We are beyond that. So much more than that. 

Love falls in love with another heart, another soul. Not the casing it’s in.

No comments:

Post a Comment