Monday, June 24, 2013

The Brown Rice Fast Detox - Day 1

So its been a little over 24 hours since I started this brown rice fast and so far so good. I have been incredibly thirsty today, but I'm taking that as a good sign and hoping my body is starting to cleanse and detox.

There were moments today where I felt a bit odd and lightheaded but it soon passed after my next bowl of rice. I ate 3 times today, 3 small bowls of plain brown rice and have only been drinking water and a herbal detox tea which I had with each meal.

Breakfast I found the hardest. I love my breakfast and eating rice for breakfast just isn't quite right. So Day 1. Easy. No temptation and full of confidence. Tomorrow could be a different story. I guess I'll find out.
To sum up Day 1 experienced the following:



  •  Thirsty.  I have found that I’ve been really thirsty today. A lot more than usual. I am taking this is a great sign and hoping the detox has started. I obviously was in need of it.

  • My Heart Rate.  I have noticed that my heart is beating fast every now and then. Mainly when I do things that require exertion. Nothing concerning and anyway I figure it has to be a good thing! I would normally have to work out to get my heart rate going like this. Think of the calories I’m burning!

  • Hunger. I haven't been that hungry at all today. Well no more than I usually would. I was hungry at my usual hunger times and I would eat a small bowl of rice and that would satisfy me until my next meal. In total I ate 3 cups of rice today. One at breakfast, one at lunch and one at dinner.

  • Energy and Mood.  I have felt overall quite great today. More energetic and motivated to do things. Perhaps subconsciously this was to keep my mind of food. My mood has also been good today.

Tomorrow is another day. Here's hoping it was as kind to me as today was. I also must mention that today was the most perfect day for a brown rice fast. Whats makes a perfect day for it? A day that is cold, wet and raining, the kind of day where you don't want to venture outside unless is absolutely necessary. Well today was one of those days. Perfect for sitting indoors and eating a bowl of plain warm stocky brown rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment