Thursday, May 2, 2013

Drive Your Life




You are the driver behind the wheel of your life. Take it somewhere you want to go.

I actually said this to someone today and it had me thinking how true it is yet most of us don’t want to drive, we want to be driven.

We don’t want to take responsibility for our own lives but rather have some take it for us.  Because it’s easier that way. If it goes wrong we have someone to blame but if we took responsibility for our own lives it would mean that we have to accept it, and accept that we had the power to change it all along.

I honestly believe that you are the only person who will ever change your life because you are the only person who holds the power to. I remember the day I claimed the power over my weight issues. I was 16 and decided that I couldn’t continue this way.  I knew that if I ever wanted to change I was going to have to do something about it myself and not expect someone else to, or hope that I’d miraculously wake up and it would be done for me. 

That was the start of a very powerful journey for me. I claimed my life that year. I got in the driver’s seat of my own car and was no longer a passenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment