Monday, May 6, 2013

Good Guy vs Bad Guy


I'm not sure if I heard correctly but I'm pretty sure I heard the following on the radio today ...

"The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun".

Please tell me I'm not the only one who cringes when they hear this. Really? Is this the world we live in? Is this the world we are choosing to create for ourselves? One that believes violence is ok so long as the intention is good and the person behind the crime is 'good'.

Any person who chooses to hurt another, no matter what the reason, is not someone I would consider good. It would be like me choosing to poison another persons food because they are 'bad' for choosing to eat meat when I'm 'good' as I'm a vegetarian. How absurd is that!!

Violence and hurting another is never the answer and I believe the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is for the good guy to show him how. Not to reflect back to him his own actions.

Yes the good guy is the only person who will ever stop a bad guy with a gun, buts not with another gun. Its with his heart. His love. His forgiveness. His hope.

Deep down we are all hurting and we all want the pain to stop. Guns don't stop the pain, the only cause more.

I know many may disagree with me on this and that's ok. Its hard to know the strength of love and the power it holds until it is seen. My wish is that we all start seeing it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment