Monday, June 24, 2013

The Brown Rice Fast Detox


Last night I started a brown rice fast/detox. It’s where you eat nothing but brown rice for  10 days. However I will only be doing 3 days as I am going away this weekend and I figure 3 days is a good place to start and I should still reap most the benefits.

So a brown rice fast sounds easy? It’s actually a lot harder than you would think. Well at least it was for me the first time I attempted it.

I’ve done many fasts before including this one, such as the juice fast, but the brown rice fast is by far my favourite for a few reasons.

1. It’s a gentler form of a fast and you get to eat
2. I’m not a fan of fruit, especially juice. I really cannot stand the stuff.

So this fast/detox is perfect for me.

I started this fast mainly because my body is need of a detox and cleanse. I’ve also noticed my association with food lately getting out of hand. Particularly with chocolate and sweets. But what pushed me over the edge if I’m really honest is jumping on the scales the other night and noticing I had put on 3kg (which to most people isn’t much but on my slight frame is) and it scared me. This 3kgs can only have come from one place … the chocolate, cake and biscuits I’m currently obsessed with. It has to stop so I’m taking drastic action – the brown rice.

During the next three days I’ll document my thoughts, feelings and emotions on how I handle the process.


Here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment