Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Brown Rice Fast Detox - Day 3


Today ends Day 3 and a little over 72 hours since beginning this Brown Rice Fast Detox and I have mixed feelings. Glad to see its end but also that possibly I could continue? 

I say this now that I could continue as the night draws close to an end but if you had spoken to me a few hours earlier it would have been a different answer entirely.

Today was my hardest day yet. This morning was hard on me, I woke with very little energy and felt really off but that soon ended once I ate ... you guessed it, a bowl of plain brown rice!

I will sum up day 3.

  • Hunger - I was really hungry today. I also found that I felt hungry soon after eating and needed to eat more rice today. I'm not sure if this is because I may have overexerted myself yesterday or because I'm on day 3 and my body was needing more.  My recommendation to those fasting would be to do as little as possible whilst on it. As most of your energy is being taken up by the fast, you don't have that much to spare!  
  •   Temptation - It was at its peak today! There have been so many times during the day where I have wanted to pack it all in and end this.  Everything today was tempting even foods I don't normally eat. I continued though and sitting here tonight I am not in anyway tempted to eat something. The nights are easy for me, as I eat my last bowl of plain brown rice I feel settled for the evening I feel really confident and I guess you could say, pleased with myself.

  • Mood -  Apart from being hungry at times today and my mood slipping when it does I have still felt happier, calmer and more positive than usual. Removing food from my list of things to do such as, thoughts of food, preparation of it and eating it has freed up so much more time in my day. I have always found I have been more productive with my time.
Tomorrow morning I will not eat a bowl of brown rice.Yay. Instead I will eat an apple and then throughout the day eat things such as salad, nuts, vegetables and unprocessed foods to help kick start my digestion.

As tempting as it will be to grab that hot chocolate and biscuit my body would not thank me and I would end up with crippling stomach pains as my body tries to digest it, after only eating brown easily digestible rice for the past few days.  I have done that in the past and learn't the hard way. Not again!




No comments:

Post a Comment