Monday, August 26, 2013

Caged Birds


I like to believe I live with an open heart. So open it hurts. I cry for others pain, I cry for the innocent, I cry for guilty but I also love like I’ve never loved before.

My latest pain is caged birds. No bird should ever be caged!  A Bird is born to fly, to spread its wings and do what it was born to do. A bird wasn’t given wings to sit in a cage.

I know a caged bird. He sits in the nursing home I visit. He is so sad. He hardly chirps, only ever occasionally when he spots his own reflection in the mirror. He thinks for a moment he has company and is happy, it is short lived as he soon remembers he sits alone . He sits awaiting his own death never flying at all, never having felt wind beneath his wings.  

Again I am only one person but how can I make this better? How can I stop the madness of the world we live in? A world that cages birds! Why? Because they make good ornaments and decorations? Or is their company that we seek, yet how often is that company shared?

If you own a caged bird when was the last time you really looked at him or her. What did you see? I doubt you saw peace in his eyes…

Tonight I pray that no bird shall ever be caged and that the birds that are, fly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment