Monday, May 27, 2013

Constant Rejection Will Make You Stronger




We so often base our own self worth from the opinions of others.  I know in the past I have always done this and its only now that I’m starting to realise that I am worthy just by being me.
When I was younger I remember going to clubs, mainly to get drunk so that I would have the courage to approach guys and hopefully find one to call my own. I needed one to love me and want me before I could be worth something. 

On those nights many young men rejected me. I would leave feeling utterly worthless, that I was not worthy of love and due to this rejection there must have been something so obviously wrong with me. I was faulty.

I can almost laugh about it now and see how messed up this was. Because I know that who I am is worth so much more than another’s opinion and approval. I am stronger now. 

At the time the constant rejection was very hard but I am grateful for it. Had I been loved and accepted every time I probably never would have been left to find the love I most deserve – my own. I would have throughout my entire life seeked others to love me for me to feel worthy of something. 

I have no idea why I’m sharing this really, it’s just something I know now that I wish I’d know then. 

I think of the many young girls and boys in this world who everyday battle with their own self esteem issues. I think of the young girls who feel as though they are nothing and not worth a thing because they aren’t loved, haven’t got a boyfriend or popular with many friends. My heart goes out to them because I remember their pain. But I also know their future and it will be worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment