Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Brown Rice Fast Detox - Day 2.


 So Day 2 has been and gone and tomorrow is my last day. I plan to break this detox/fast on Thursday. However, with how I felt today I was tempted to go another day, tonight not so. Had my first challenge, temptation to break it and struggle.

Ideally this fast for optimal benefits is to be done for 10 days. Can you imagine 10 days of plain bland brown rice. You would crave flavour and some sort of different texture!

Here is a summary of Day 2.

  • Feeling Great - I woke feeling great this morning. I wasn't hungry at all, so much so that even though I woke at 7am I didn't end up eating my first bowl of brown rice until 10am and that was after spending some time at the supermarket.
  •  My Body - I've noticed the bloating I normally experience in my belly has disappeared toady. I haven't weight myself yet but I do feel much lighter and trimmer.  
  •  Mood - My mood again today has been great. My thinking has been clearer and I just feel a general happiness.
  •  Energy - I have found my energy to be good today. Not tired at all. In fact last night I didn't go to bed until much later than usual as I felt quite awake. Perhaps this is because our bodies tire so quickly from all the digesting its doing. 
  •  Temptation - A few times during the day I almost licked a spoon, ate from my childs plate and sipped a drink, though I don't think this was from temptation but more habit and forgetfulness. Each time I stopped myself and reminded myself that I was on a brown rice fast only eating brown rice. It showed me today just how much I eat scraps, and unconsciously!  
  •   The Night - Tonight was the first time I've been tempted to break the fast. I'm not sure what it was but unlike the days I lost all confidence and motivation to continue. I kept trying to convince myself that it won’t matter if I ended it now and that no one would know. However I only have one more day and I set out to do this and I will.

It must be mentioned that in the mornings I am drinking a warm glass of hot water with half a squeezed lemon in it. I have been doing this for aroudn a month now and figured it can only help the process not hinder it.

 The reason I drink warm lemon and water in the morning is to aid my digestion and I read many benefits of drinking warm lemon  and water and decided to start.

Also last night and tonight I added a sprinkle of chilli powder on my rice for warmth and something different. It was amazing how strong this was and how something so simple such as a little chilli powder became so appreciated and enjoyable!

I will update again tomorrow. The last full day of the fast. I'm confident it will be much the same. I can do this. YOU can do this. Its amazing what we can all do when we put our minds to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment