Wednesday, July 31, 2013

You Cannot Plan Life...

 
This morning I had planned to do many things. I had a limited time of 2 hours to do so and had jam packed as much as I could into this time slot. So off I went to do my gazillion things when I missed my turn off on the parkway. Not the end of the world but I had to take an alternative route which then led me into the world’s worst traffic jam. And there I was. Me and my 16 months old and every other person who had ended up on this road.

I was there for over 30 mins and as each minute passed I could feel myself get more and more agitated. I had things that needed doing, I didn’t have time for this and it to top it off I was completely in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go. As I felt myself getting more and more annoyed I looked to the backseat and saw my 16 month old just sitting there happily waiting patiently. He was the embodiment of patience.

It was in that moment that I realised I had choice. To let this situation get the better of me or to perhaps see that it was a lesson for me to practice patience, mindfulness and to somehow see the good in it all. So I looked for the good.

Out the window I saw the most amazing view of mountains on this road that I had never noticed before, I realised that being in this traffic jam had given me more time to listen to the mp3 recording I had playing in the car. But what most got me through was when I remembered what I truly believe and that is that everything happens for a divine reason. I knew there was a reason my plans had been shifted and I had to trust in that reason.

Today again taught me a very true lesson in life and one that I seem to be continually given and that is …. you cannot plan life so don’t even try! I so often try to ‘plan’ my days and by doing so I limit so many other opportunities. I tend to always want things ‘my way’ and freak out when they don’t go that way. So today I’m grateful for the 1 hour I spent just sitting and learning this lesson again.

No comments:

Post a Comment