Thursday, August 1, 2013

Which Half Are You?





I was thinking about the glass half full or empty question earlier today and remember being asked it when I was younger, whether I thought the glass was half empty or full. I always answered that it was half empty and was surprised when I was told that the better answer was to see it as half full rather than half empty. To me it was actually both and I didn’t see how me saying it was half empty was a bad thing. Now as I’m older I understand what this question is all about. How you view life.

 So today randomly, in my own random thoughts, as I noticed a glass half full and half empty on the bench I asked myself the same question again. Is it half empty or half full?

My answer was immediately …. “I see a glass that needs filling!” a mum thing perhaps, but then again I realised this pretty much sums up how I view life these days. 

I see a glass that although is half full still has room for more. We all have ‘empty’ bits, bits that need filling with all the wonderful things in life. Your glass may be half full and that is a great thing, to be positive and focus on the full parts of your life, but we all must remember that parts of us are empty too and it’s those parts that I try to fill each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment