Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Love Of A Bird ....


I witnessed something earlier today that reminded me that love touches us all. All beings and no matter if we have fur, skin or feathers, love is the centre of who we are ....

Whilst driving the boys to the park I noticed a bird on the road flapping about - a magpie. I thought he must have been hit by a car and was trying to fly back up from the ground and was unable to. However on closer inspection I noticed that this magpie was not injured. He was trying with all his might to pick up his friend, another magpie, who lay lifeless on the road. That magpie had been hit.

This was heartbreaking for me to witness, yet as I drove further down the road I realised the amazing beauty in what I had just witnessed. I witnessed love at its deepest level. A love that would risk its own life for  that of another.


That bird today reminded me that it isn't only us humans who walk this earth with hearts but those with feathers, fur, and scales too. We all share this earth and those that are born into this world will also depart it and when they do it matters, no matter who you are.






No comments:

Post a Comment