Monday, July 8, 2013

What The Carrot Taught Me


Halfway through eating a carrot today I stopped and looked at it. Really looked at it and noticed something I had never noticed before. I was amazed by its beauty. Within the carrot on its inside was the most beautiful star shape formation.

It reminded me today to stop. To take notice. It showed me how little I notice in life and how I'm always in a rush get somewhere, to be somewhere I'm not.

I realised today that when I'm eating most the time I'm thinking about something else. What to eat next or what I will do when I'm finished.  When I'm driving I'm never thinking about the drive itself and being in the car but on where I'm going and how soon I will get there.

I realised today that for me it's always about there and never about here. The carrot today reminded me that beauty is always found now in the moment, never there in the future. The 'there' in the future is always in your head and no joy can ever be felt there.


No comments:

Post a Comment