Monday, January 28, 2013

My Imagination




This morning I heard that sound. The sound that mothers of boys would recognise. ... that dreaded sound of a million individual lego pieces being dropped onto the floor. Naturally my first thought was 'well guess whose cleaning that up later'  followed by 'I'll be finding and treading on lego pieces for weeks'. 

However this all changed when ten minutes later they each brought me their creation.

I love the creativity of children. The way they can sit down to a bunch of lego and turn it in to something magnificent  When all I see is individual lego blocks they see creations waiting to happen. It reminded me of a quote by Albert Einstein I love 

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world” - A. Einstein.


And what a gift imagination is. A gift all of us have received. No matter what your age, race or economical background imagination is something we have all been gifted with.   

So today I was reminded just how grateful I am for that little hidden gem tucked away inside of me called my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment