Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bad Mummy Moment




"Its never too late to make a wrong right "

Is that a quote? It should be.

This morning I yelled at the kids. I felt awful. I am normally cool, calm and never swear at them. This morning however .... I dropped the "F" bomb*. Twice.

As I sat eating breakfast feeling bad about how I just treated the children I began making excuses for myself like "Its because its 10am and you haven't eaten breakfast yet, your just hungry and overreacting".

Then it came to me. "Its never too late to make a wrong right" and in that moment I forgave myself.

Yes we all have bad mummy moments and this was mine. Its done now and I can move on and learn from it.

I got up walked over to my eldest who I had just 'lost it at' and made the wrong right. I kissed him, hugged him, told him I loved him and asked for his forgiveness.

He forgave me.

 In fact he went on to say "but mummy you didn't yell, you weren't mean to me. I love you".

This morning taught me a few things.

1. My eldest child is amazing. Or deaf.

2. That forgiveness heals.

3. That in any moment we can make things better.

  
* Note "The F Bomb" is a term used when someone says that horrible F*ck word.




No comments:

Post a Comment