Saturday, January 5, 2013

Living for Today



Whilst reading someones story of their last moments with their mother I was reminded of mine. It was a day and evening I will never forget and one I am so grateful for. Too personal to share and way to emotional to put into words. It was a day that will live with me forever. 

Thinking about it again I realised that it is without a doubt, my favorite moment and experience of my life. That may sound surprising to many of you - that a favourite moment could be the death of someone close to you. But it wasn't like that at all. It was the day I came alive.

I realised in that moment what life is about and it isn't until you face death yourself or witness anothers that you get it. From that day forward I vowed to live. To live for her.

 Many of us will lose someone we love and when that times comes I hope it is in peace as it was for me. The reason it was in peace is because I had no regrets. I had told her what she meant to me and thanked her for everything.

To this day I am just so grateful I got the chance to do so.

Never hold back for tomorrow what you can say or do today as you never know when your tomorrows or anothers will end.

Nicole  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment