Wednesday, January 23, 2013

As You Eat Your Dinner...




17,000 children die a day of starvation. What is there to be grateful about? For one walk to your cupboard. Take a look. Go the nearest supermarket. Take a look. Look at the amount of food that you have and can have whenever your hungry or even just slightly peckish. I had this realisation last night when looking at Julian in the bath thinking he was 'skinny'. It was in that moment I realised how blessed I was. I can nourish and feed my children whenever I want and with such ease and never will I have to watch my own children die from starvation.

I googled "starving children" in images and it was beyond upsetting. This photo was one of the least upsetting. It was the babies that broke my heart. Something has to be done. I am not sure what. But tonight as I eat my dinner and every night I feed my children dinner. I will not take it for granted. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment