Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Get Angry



I often get asked "Do you get angry?". Yes I get angry. I am human and I am also a mother, so getting angry happens. The only thing I have found is that now (compared to the old me) I am aware of it. I feel my anger and let it wash over me and know that I am not my anger.

It is so easy when angry to lash out but I don't. Its when I feel myself getting super mad that I realise that this is when I now have the choice. I can be angry, yell, scream, hit etc or I can choose not to be and react from a better place. 9 times of 10 I choose that better place.

The 1 time out of 10 that I don't? Well that's when you see me kicking Xboxs, banging walls and throwing potatoes at heads.. It happens to us all.


 And those examples I used were real examples. The potato incident? Ask my beloved other half - Luke. I missed thank god. I was 38 weeks heavily pregnant and mighty peeved at him, however that is no excuse. The truth is that I didn't know then what I know now ... how to control my anger!

Don't let anger control you. You are not your anger.


No comments:

Post a Comment