Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rain, Rain, Rain. Don't Wish It Away.




Rain. I love it. Never use to but I do now.

I love the smell of it, the sound of it, the way it makes me feel and of course what it does for us all and this earth.

I am grateful for the glorious rain that poured down on me from above today as it had me thinking ....

Why does rain have such a bad reputation?

Rain is glorious. Why let something that is simply only just drops of water ruin your plans? I know I don't.

Years ago I remember walking my dog in the rain. It wasn't just light rain either, but the full on, its going to storm soon rain. We got wet. Really wet but so what? It wasn't painful although by some of the looks I was getting you could have sworn I was out walking the dog naked.

I still remember that day. My dog loved his walks, he wanted one every morning. This morning was no different except that it was raining and hard. I went to tell him 'Sorry buddy not today its raining' then I stopped and asked myself "why not? - why not walk him?"

My dog obviously didn't care or was giving it any second thought so why should I?  It was only water and what is the worst that could happen? I'd get wet.

Well I did get wet. I got soaked. But you know what I loved most. That I did it. That I made my dog one very happy dog that morning and in return I gained a beautiful insight. That nothing is ever as bad as it seems and after the rain comes a rainbow.

My rainbow that morning was the feeling it gave me.  The strength inside myself that I didn't know I had when I went against everything I had ever been told about going out in the rain. And I didn't even catch a cold .... who would have thought.

So as the wonderful Bob Marley said ...

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet".  That morning I felt the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment