Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Was Once ....



Today I took a trip down memory lane. It wasn't a very long trip because it is a memory that will never leave me. It is so much a part of who I am today and I live with this memory daily as it continues to affect my life both positively and negatively.

I was once fat. Not a little porky but fat. I spent many years overweight and those who went to highschool with me probably remember me this way. I don't even think I've ever shared this my partner Luke as for some reason I've been too ashamed to admit it. Perhaps fear that he would no longer love me.  However I musn't be as today I was thinking about how much of a blessing it was. It taught me how strong I am and how any one of us can change.

So today I am grateful to all those people in highschool who teased me, hurt me, bullied me and made me fear going to school. But above all who made me hate myself. I thank you. I sincerely thank you because had you not have made me hate myself I never would have learnt to love myself.

They say you have to reach rock bottom before you make your way to the top. Well that was my rock bottom and since then I have been climbing my way back to the top. Never lose faith. The only way up is from down.

I also must add to anyone who is facing weight problems. It is ok. You are ok. You are not your body anymore than you are the clothes you wear. You are that sparkle of light that shines from the inside. Let it shine and all else will fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment