Monday, February 18, 2013

Out With The Old



Today I decided to clean out my clothes closet and every time I do I am reminded how blessed I am to have the amount of clothes I do. Its ridiculous.

However in the past year or two I have culled down an enormous amount. I have donated bags upon bags of clothes I no longer wear or would only ever wear once. 

You see I use to be one of those people. The person who keeps everything 'just in case'. To afraid to let any of it go. You know the items. The jeans you swear you'll get back into or that top that you wore once years ago that looked fantastic and cost you a fortune.

This was all unil recently when I learnt how freeing it is to let go of all that stuff go.I guess its symbolic of life.

We hold onto so much stuff when its that much easier to let it all go. The grudges, the anger, the hate and those petty little things that annoy you.

So like my cupboard I am going to start to cleaning out my life. Out with the old and letting go of those things that no longer matter and no longer serve me. And in with the new.  The things that make me happy, joyful and help me be a better person because ....

 Its only when you let go do you allow room for something more amazing to enter.

What are you holding onto?

No comments:

Post a Comment