Friday, April 26, 2013

Make Cleaning Fun (or at least a happy time)



This is what I deal with on a regular basis. This mess and it makes me mad. I get so cranky that my days are spent cleaning it up for it only to get this way and worse the next day and even an hour later.

Today I've decided to look at this differently as I didn't want to be cranky today. So here goes ....

1. Had it not been for this 'mess' and the creation of it then I wouldn't have been able to sit and eat breakfast in peace this morning. Thanks to this mess entertaining my children I didn't have to.

2. Its forced cleaning! Today I will sort these drawers and unit out for good and put things were they belong. The kids have just made it easier for me by pulling everything out. I don't have to do that part anymore :-)

3. Look. I actually have a mess to clean. Yay! That means that I own stuff. There are people in this world who have nothing. Not even a roof over their heads. I should be grateful for this as it means that I have stuff to clean.

4. That this mess is my biggest concern at the moment. How good must my life be if this is what annoys me and pisses me off.

Gee I should do this more often. I feel so much better about this mess now. Try it, try it with anything that gets to you. List some positives out of it. This is something I only just then decided to do then and it has worked.

Note: An hour later I cleaned up that mess (which in fact was much worse than the photo would have you believe) and when I did I actually almost enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment