Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombing




Its 12pm and I log onto facebook for the first time today and my news feed is filled with news about Boston. I have been thinking about this, the Boston news and I can't help but wander why so many are interested. So many people are posting about it?? Why is it getting so much media attention? 3 people have died I understand? But why do people care so much?

I am not saying that what has happened isnt horrible and doesn't deserve our prayers but I can't help but wander why everyone is so interested in particular event?

Surely most of us realise that every day 25,000 die of starvation. 5 and more children die from physical abuse a day, and a average of 1,500 a murdered a day.

So why is it that so many are caring about Boston so much? I don't want this in any way to be taken as cold hearted from me. Far from. The world is in dire need of Love. The world needs love! The world we live in at the moment is dominated by fear and the Boston events add to this. Adding fear to all those that chose to let it. Watching the news and allowing yourself to feel the fear and then share the fear with others is ADDING to the fear. It is in no way helping.

The world at times wants us to live in fear, our news is dominated by fear based stories. Not love. There is love in the world and there is love at this time. For example. I just read that after these bombings many of the runners who completed the race then ran into the nearest hospital to donate blood. Love. Many people came from everywhere to help and offer support in anyway they can - love. This is what I want to hear about this is what I want to read. I stopped watching, reading, listening to the news years ago. It only tries to invoke fear into us all. Fear and that the world is a bad place to live. It isn't. However it would be if you only ever heard the bad stories.

What occurred in Boston is horrible but sadly much worse occurs every day. Its time to offer our hearts, love and healing to these events and to not add to them by adding more fear and hatred. Lets make this world a place we all want to live. And don't for one minute ever believe that you, and you alone cannot make a difference because you are the only person that can! You are the only person, thing, event and situation you can ever control. Walk yourself into love and out of fear ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment