Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fed By Spoon.



I took Olga out over the weekend, the elderly lady who I visit weekly through a volunteer program and whilst out I happened to feed her with a spoon. As I was feeding her chocolate cake I had a moment and realised that this, right here, right now, is love. I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for her, me and all of this.  How in life as babies we are all fed from spoons and yet later in life it returns again, this time being fed by the kindness of others.

As I was feeding Olga and watching her happily accept it from me I started thinking how it was only a year ago we met. We were complete strangers and now here we are out sharing chocolate cake and spoons.  

People assume we are family and I’m her granddaughter and I love that. I love the bond that two complete strangers can form in such a short time. Love is that bond and I believe it ties us all whether we are related, strangers or know each other at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment