Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day Love


This day can always bring up mixed emotions for me but in the past few years it’s gotten better. No man has ever told me they love me. My father has and still does (just about daily bless him ) but no one outside my immediate family.

This can do a lot to your self esteem and for many years it has. It had me believing I am unlovable, worthless, and something was somehow wrong with me.

Not any more though because in recent years I have learnt that I do not need another person to love me in order for me to feel loved. I do not need another person to say “Your amazing Nicole" "I love you Nicole" "You mean so much to me Nicole” to feel loved because I already do, I love me.

For years I waited for the outside world to tell me how great I was. And I would have continued waiting but in the past 3-4 years I got over waiting and decided to loving me despite what others told me.

Who I am is not what others tell me I am. I am me, the girl I’ve always been who I am learning to love. It's her I share this day with.

To all those who have a valentine to share this day with enjoy them, love them and cherish every word they tell you. Cherish every action of love they give you but always remember that even if they didn’t you are still just as worthy, still just loved, and always, always, worthy of being loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment