Wednesday, February 19, 2014

No Umbrella Is Wasted - Random Act Of Kindness


A few weeks ago I was in a thrift store, a place that sells second items and clothing. I was so happy and grateful to have bought so many things for only $7. Included amongst those items were some umbrellas.

I bought a few thinking we had none when in fact we already owned two. I held on to the newly purchased ones knowing that they would some day come in handy. Today one did.

We experienced some very heavy rain today and in it a young gentleman came to my door introducing and trying to sell a new service which offers fresh produce straight to your door. I was not interested however I was interested in getting this poor young man dry. He was dripping wet from being out in all this rain.

As soon as I saw him I knew what I had to do and remembered those umbrellas I had bought, so I offered him one. How happy he was and how happy I was to finally have an opportunity to put one of those umbrellas to good use.

It made me realise today that nothing we do is by accident and that there is always an opportunity for kindness. We are all here only to help our fellow humans in whatever way we can. Even if it is only offering a second hand umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment