Thursday, October 24, 2013

Its How You Re Tell The Story That Counts

“My mum told how she had learned to swim. Someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. That’s how she learned how to swim she said. I said, “Mom, they weren’t trying to teach you how to swim”.  Paula Poundstone.

I read this the other day and I loved it. I love it because it again showed me how our attitude and perception is everything.

Things will happen in life that we cannot control but one thing we can always  control - how we choose to respond and look at it. The power lies in us. People can hurt us (and unfortunately will) but we must remember that it is ‘us’ that permits ourselves to be hurt. That part is our choice. Our insides, our emotions, our feelings and our thoughts, they are ours. They are untouched if you allow them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment