Friday, October 11, 2013

NEVER be ashamed to cry.



I love how in the moments I’m feeling sad, upset or down my children always lift me.

I had such moments today but I am proud to admit that instead of taking it out on everyone else I removed myself and found solace in the bathroom (which seems to be my going to place) and had a good cry.  


Its only something I have recently learnt to do – cry. Previously whenever I felt like crying I would try not to. I would force it away with all my might as I didn’t want to experience the pain of crying. But what I’ve learnt is that it doesn’t go away and instead returns disguised as anger!


I also dislike the sensation of not crying, the feeling it creates from holding it back to me is more painful than it is to cry. So today, I cried. On my own and it felt good.

We should all try and cry more in particular men. I feel for men who are taught and told not to cry. Told that crying is only for girls and babies. No. Let me correct this horrid belief, crying is for HUMANS, crying is an inbuilt ability that we have all been given. Crying is healthy. Crying is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength. It takes a different kind of strength to cry a strength from deep within that knows your safe do so and that everything will be better when you do.

So today I am grateful to have released the tears that needed to be shed as I know they wont return later in ways I don’t want them to and I feel better, more refreshed and peaceful for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment