Thursday, August 22, 2013

Syria Under Attack...

Some of the victims of this attack. Innocent Children.

Today I heard of there was an attack in Syria where at least 1300 innocent people and more were killed by what was believed to be a gassing. Children also among the dead.

It saddens, upsets and angers me that we live in a world like this.

I often wonder what I can do. Because we can call all do something. Being mad and angry wont help the situation only add to it, like fuel does to a fire. What I can do is love. I can add love to this world and not hate anger or fear.

I can be nice to those that aren’t to me, I can treat all those I encounter with love and kindness, irrespective of their views, thoughts, beliefs and nationality. I can smile at the child who sits alone and help the lady who is having difficulty with her children. I can choose to bite my tongue when tempted to say something that is hurtful, I can put my own judgments aside and choose to see only the good in people and know that deep down within us all is love and goodness.

I do realise that I alone may not be able to change the world but I can change me!

No comments:

Post a Comment