Thursday, May 1, 2014

What A Fall Taught Me


My two year old had a really bad fall at McDonalds today.

You see the set of 9 yellow cubes in the picture? My two year old was playing up next to those when somehow he completely fell threw them all straight on his back. I screamed. I was not calm.
I am grateful he is ok. He is small. Well below average for his age, but never would I have thought he could fit through and fall through a gap of that size. I am so grateful today that 1. He is ok. 2. The lovely staff did all they could to help by offering him a toy and drink and 3. For the lesson it taught me.
After a cuddle and some love he got back up there and started playing again. The fall was in the past, he was over it and he was back to enjoying life. I however was still shaking, still replaying the scene over in my head.
Why do we do this?
We torture ourselves. Be reliving past events. Children they don’t. They move on and get back to enjoying life. The life that is right now, right here,not the life 5 minutes earlier when you lay in pain on your back. What a lesson today and what a beautiful teacher my little toddler is on life.
There is a Japanese proverb I love it goes … “Fall down seven times. Stand up eight”.

Today my son lived it.

No comments:

Post a Comment