Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Flowers Say More Than Words

There is a lady named Kim who works at the nursing home I visit weekly. She is in her 50’s and is in charge of one of the morning tea trolleys. She also has down syndrome.

She’s beautiful and I love her. Every Monday when my two year old and I visit she always makes time for my son. She stops hands him a biscuit, sometimes two, and continues on her way. She is the only one that does.

So today I wanted to express just how much my son and I appreciate her and all she does, in more than just words. So on my way in this morning I stopped and bought this small bouquet of pink roses to gift her. Needless to say she loved them. She wasn't expecting it at all and although I’ve thanked her many times before, today these flowers said more than my words ever could.

I like to imagine that right now these pink roses are sitting somewhere in her home and every time she looks at them she is reminded just how much she means to someone and how special she is. Because that is exactly what they were intended to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment