Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Life Is For Living (and lying on Grass!)



You know what I did today…?   

Went outside and laid in the sun on some grass. Yep. I really do have the life.

Some days (like today) I beat myself up about it too,  telling myself I should be doing something more constructive and not out here lying in the sun. But you know what…? Isn’t this what life is all about - enjoying it!

Shouldn’t we all live each day doing what we love and enjoying all we’ve been given? Which for me today that was green healthy grass and a warm sunny day.

The morning I spent cleaning bathrooms and making chocolate biscuits with my 2 year old, so why not spend the afternoon laying in this beautiful Autumn sun? Why feel guilty about it? 

This crazy guilt and hard time I give myself must stop!

Yes chores and work need to be done but what about the rest of the time? Why do we then cram these bits in with more ‘jobs’? Life is all about balance. Yes we must work, clean, and do things that need doing but it’s also just as important to do nothing!

Perhaps all this rambling is to make myself feel better about laying out in the sun for an hour today with my toddler and the dog next door. But you know what? Its worked, I feel better about it.

Today was a good day, a constructive day. My vitamin D levels are soaring and I made one 4 legged girl and 2 year old boy happy and should that be all that matters?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nic!

    Long time no see! You are one of the people I have most missed since leaving facebook! xxxx How are you??

    I'm so glad to have found you again - and still spreading positivity!

    I am on Instagram these days, if you have an account there? You would do well shining your bright little light in that social media realm actually...

    xx Avey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello My dearest Averil.

      I sent you an email. Did you get it?

      You completely made my day. Thank you.

      Lets speak soon xox

      Delete