Thursday, March 6, 2014

Starting Conversations

You know what I love? How kindness and love spreads.

I was in the supermarket earlier today to pick up a few things. A lovely older lady served me and as she showed interest in my 2 year old (he was climbing up and out of the trolley) I decided to start a conversation with her. We spoke about her grandchildren and how crazy they were and children in general.

Not long after another older couple join the cue and as I pay and leave I notice that they begin a conversation and carry on from where we left off, grandchildren. The whole mood and atmosphere in the line changed. One friendly conversation changed it.

I have learnt people are dying for connection. To be spoken to and seen. It doesn't cost a thing to say hello how are you, and really mean it. Yet how many of us do? The days I do it always reminds me how much I must do it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment